2.12.2010

Sinatra's "My Way" + Philippine Karaoke Bars = MURDER?!

Land, Air, and See is issuing its first official travel warning:

Do not, under any circumstances, attempt to sing Frank Sinatra's "My Way" in a Philippine karaoke bar.

Karaoke bars across the Philippines are removing the song from their roster due what are being called the "'My Way' Killings." In the last ten years there have been over a dozen people murdered while singing, what we would have to assume to be, terrible renditions of the song. This is especially troubling to me because when I'm at a karaoke joint that doesn't have "Luck Be a Lady," "My Way" is my second choice.

I could see this happening over Miley Cyrus' "Party in the U.S.A." but not over 'Ol Blue Eyes.

In case you think this is a joke, check out The Guardian's coverage of it here.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2010/feb/09/sinatra-my-way-killings-philippines

0 comments:

Post a Comment